Colchester’s Winter Beer Festival proves popular with busiest days still to come
- Credit: Su Anderson
Ale enthusiasts have been celebrating another successful Winter Beer Festival from Colchester and North Essex CAMRA.
The 8th annual event, at the Colchester Arts Centre, ends tomorrow.
Committee member Tony Smith said: “It has been a great success, and with most of the beers, ciders and perries coming from our area it is a great tribute to the skill and popularity of local brewers.
“Attendance has been good, but we have plenty of beers left with more coming on all the time.”
Food is available each day and there will be live ska and reggae music tomorrow night.
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which began on Wednesday, is open from noon until 11pm each day.
Entry is free from noon-3pm, £3 after, or free to CAMRA members, while drivers can have free soft drinks.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue