Man fighting for life after Colchester stabbing
- Credit: Su Anderson
A man in his 20s is fighting for his life after being stabbed in the stomach in Colchester.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was stabbed in Colchester High Street during the early hours of Sunday morning.
After an incident at about 4.30am, a man in his 20s, was stabbed in the stomach with what is believed to be a screwdriver.
Police said the suspect, who left in the direction of St. Peter’s Street following the incident, is described as being white, in his 20s with short mousey-brown hair and is of a slim build.
The victim was taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact Colchester CID on 101, quoting incident 151 of March 18.
Alternatively contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online here.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important