Man fighting for life after Colchester stabbing
- Credit: Su Anderson
A man in his 20s is fighting for his life after being stabbed in the stomach in Colchester.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was stabbed in Colchester High Street during the early hours of Sunday morning.
After an incident at about 4.30am, a man in his 20s, was stabbed in the stomach with what is believed to be a screwdriver.
Police said the suspect, who left in the direction of St. Peter’s Street following the incident, is described as being white, in his 20s with short mousey-brown hair and is of a slim build.
The victim was taken to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact Colchester CID on 101, quoting incident 151 of March 18.
Alternatively contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online here.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections