Three miles of queues after fuel spillage on A12
- Credit: Archant
There are major delays on the A12 near Colchester this afternoon because of a fuel spillage on the road.
One lane is closed and traffic is queuing for three miles on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at junction 28, for the Colchester United Football Ground.
Congestion is back to junction 27, for the Avenue of Remembrance roundabout.
Lane one of two is closed, according to traffic sensors.
Highways teams are on their way.
You may also want to watch:
The current travel time is 20 minutes through the incident.
It comes after a broken down car sparked delays on the A12 southbound at Copdock this morning.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 7 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion