Colchester United signs new sponsorship deal for stadium’s West Stand
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United has struck a new major sponsorship deal ahead of the next season.
The U’s are teaming up with Rallysport Engineering, who will become West Stand sponsors.
Rallysport Engineering has two branches in South Essex and has recently opening new premises in Commerce Way, Colchester.
It is a not-for-profit community interest company, specialising in delivering vehicle study qualifications to young people aged between 13 and 16.
The firm helps more than 250 students a week covering the basics of vehicle maintenance through to more complex motor systems.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Nagle, managing director and co-founder of Rallysport Engineering, said: “Being a community interest company, we could not think of a better opportunity than to support a football club that really does have the community interests at heart.
“Their passion for integration with the community is outstanding and their work with young people has to be admired.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
Col Utd was named Family Club of the Year in the Football League Awards this season.
The club has already renewed a deal with its main sponsors Weston Homes.
Michelle Tricker, head of sales at the U’s, said: “It is fantastic to see another local business showing us their support and we’re delighted to have Rallysport Engineering sponsoring the West Stand.
“We have been overwhelmed with the level of support local companies have shown us since the end of last season and this deal is one of many we are hoping to have tied up before the first ball is kicked in August.
“We have a strong community programme, so we can see a lot of synergy with the work that Rallysport Engineering do with local schools and we look forward to seeing how we can work together in the future.”