Colchester: University of Essex issues statement after a body is found - thought to be that of missing Brazilian student Paulo Junior
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
An Essex university has said its thoughts are with the friends and family of a student who is believed to have died this morning.
A search was launched for Paulo Junior, postgraduate student at the Essex Business School in Wivenhoe, in the early hours of this morning.
He had been at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, after being taken there by police who stopped him in a mentally unstable condition at Stansted Airport yesterday evening where it is believed he was heading for his native Brazil.
The 34-year-old ran off at 2am this morning, but a body found at 8.30am in the grounds of a nearby property is believed to be him.
Although the body is believed to be that of Paulo’s it will still be the subject of a formal identification procedure.
A post-mortem examination will take place in due course to ascertain a cause of death, but it is not being treated as suspicious.
A university spokesman said: “Our thoughts are with Paulo’s family, friends and fellow students at this time, and our Student Support team is providing support to those affected.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
“We are assisting the police and coroner’s office with their inquiries.”