Colchester: View’s wanted on Northern Gateway Development plans
- Credit: Su Anderson
Exhibitions are being held as part of a consultation into plans for a cycle park in north Colchester.
The EADT reported earlier this month about expanded proposals for the Northern Gateway Development around junction 28 of the A12.
In addition to the Weston Homes Community Stadium, there are already plans for a David Lloyd Leisure Club specialising in racquet sports.
However Colchester Borough Council (CBC) also hopes to create a velodrome, mountain bike course and tennis facilities, alongside plans from Colchester Rugby Club to relocate from its current home in Mill Road to the area opened up on the north side of the A12.
The council will show its plans at a series of exhibition plans and ask residents what they want to see in the area as part of the “exciting new project”.
The proposed development are described by the council as “a completely new fun and adventure space for local people and visitors alike. The area around the stadium will fast become a ‘must go’ place.”.
You may also want to watch:
Anne Turrell, councillor for economic development and regeneration at CBC, said: “This is an important next step in shaping north Colchester and I really would like people to put forward their own ideas for how the area might look and feel.
“The council is in a position to make a real and beneficial difference. Please come along to one of the exhibitions and talk to planning and regeneration officers from the council.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
“It is important we know what you think so we ensure we get the right solution for our area.”