Colchester woman killed in A12 collision
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Miles of the A12 are closed while police investigate a car crash that killed a 68-year-old woman.
The single vehicle collision happened about 1.30pm in the Galleywood area of Essex, close to Chelmsford.
A 68-year-old woman from Colchester driving a white Hyundai i10 on the northbound carriageway died at the scene.
Essex Police have notified her next of kin.
The investigation has closed the A12's northbound carriageway for over three miles, with traffic building on the road as far back as Brentwood.
You may also want to watch:
Other roads into Chelmsford, including the A414, are also affected by more traffic.
Police will keep the road closed while their investigation continues and no time for the reopening has been set.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
Officers are urging anyone with information or dash cam footage to call Serious Collision Investigations Unit of Essex Police on 101 quoting incident 522 of 14/05.