One man in hospital following collision between car and lorry near Capel St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Officers were called to the scene on the A12 shortly after 3.30pm this afternoon.
The collision is said to be southbound on the A12 between Capel St Mary and East Bergholt.
A police spokesperson reported that there was disruption in the area following the collision.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance service said: “We were called at 3.31pm today (4th May) to a road traffic collision between a car and a lorry on the A12 at Stratford St Mary.
“We sent an ambulance crew and an ambulance officer to the scene. They treated one patient at the scene with spinal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The patient, believed to be a man, was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further care.”
The vehicle was recovered at 6.30pm and the road was clear by 6.40pm.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them