Man arrested on suspicion of drug driving following crash in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police have arrested a man on suspicion of drug driving after emergency services were called to a two vehicle collision in Colchester.
Crews were called at around 10.50am on Thursday morning to reports of a two-vehicle crash in St Andrews Avenue.
A spokesman for Essex Police; “A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving following a road traffic collision in Colchester.
Shortly before 11am, we were called with reports of a collision on St. Andrews Avenue involving a silver Citron Picasso car and a silver Vauxhall Astra Van.
The Citron driver, a 34-year-old man from Colchester, has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving and remains in police custody whilst enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were also called to the scene with two crews from Colchester attending.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Crews were called to the scene of a road traffic collision involving two vehicles.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
“On arrival firefighters reported that one person was trapped in their vehicle.”
He said firefighters had released the casualty by 11.20am.
The casualty was then left in the care of the Ambulance Service.
There were no serious injuries.