Woman cut from vehicle following collision involving BT wire pole
- Credit: Archant
A woman was left trapped following a collision with another car and an electricity pole in Sudbury.
All three emergency services were called to Friars Street, also known as King Street, in the town of Sudbury, at around 3.45pm today.
Three fire engines from Halstead, Long Melford and Sudbury to attend to the collision between a Toyota Yaris, a Vauxhall Adam and an electricity pole.
The woman driving the Vauxhall Adam was initially trapped and Suffolk fire fighters were able to stabilise her before removing the roof of her car.
According to them wires are currently hanging down from the BT pole at the scene, which the Suffolk Constabulary confirmed was struck in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
BT have been made aware and will make their way to the pole.
Police recovery was called at 5.45pm.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire