A12 now fully open following collision between car and lorry
- Credit: Archant
The A12 has reopened after a collision between a car and lorry on the A12 at Witham caused 11 miles of traffic and delays as far back as Colchester.
Essex Police were called to reports of a collision at 8.16am at junction 22 Witham North, which was causing 60 minute delays and increased traffic during rush hour.
One lane was blocked heading south bound - however the road has now been cleared and traffic is easing around the area.
The incident took place on the exit slip road and affected all traffic heading towards Chelmsford. Vehicles have since been recovered.
Highways England tweeted: “Long delays on the #A12 have now eased. Only slight delays remain on the approach to the earlier collision at junction 22 heading south bound.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Travel News also told drivers on twitter that the incident had been cleared.
They said: “A12 Londonbound - now fully OPEN after an accident involving a car and lorry just after the entry slip road at J22 (Witham north) - delays rapidly easing.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
According to the AA the accident was reported at 7.30am and also affected traffic on the A120.