Crash on A14 near Orwell Bridge leaves trailer straddling crash barrier
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Land Rover has crashed on the A14 near the Orwell Bridge leaving its trailer straddling a crash barrier.
Police were called at around 10.30am today, Monday July 2, to reports of a single vehicle collision on the A14 westbound at Wherstead.
According to a spokeswoman for Suffolk police, a Land Rover with a trailer has ended up on its side causing traffic delays in the area.
She said: “It looks like the trailer was carrying grass turf.
“The vehicle is on its side down a steep embankment and the trailer is straddling the barrier.
“Highways have been made aware that the barrier has been damaged.
“At this point, lane one of the A14 is closed.”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
She added that an ambulance had been called to the scene although there are no reports of any significant injuries.