Combs: Residents sign petition against homes proposed as part of Edgecomb Park plan
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A section of residents are calling for proposals for up to 185 homes to be scrapped as they believe their GP practice will be unable to cope.
The Edgecomb Park plan, which is for land off Farriers Road, just outside Stowmarket in Combs, would provide affordable homes, footpath and cycle path improvements as well as sheltered housing among other positives, according to planning agent Pegasus.
But those against it started a petition which had around 70 signatures when it was handed to Mid Suffolk District Council.
Sue Leigh, 68, of Farriers Road, started the petition. She said: “Pegasus are trying to get it through the council and we are concerned having seen the proposed development, which has changed dramatically over the few years.
“We are trying very hard not to make it look like ‘not in my backyard’ but we are concerned that Pegasus are trying to ride roughshod over us. The doctors’ surgery was full to capacity and it’s close to being at that point again, when we got in touch they have been trying to get replacement GPs and said they were very concerned.”
No-one from Pegasus or from developer, Construct Reason, wanted to comment on the claims. No-one from the other developer, EW Durrant & Son, was available to comment.
Philip Isbell, Mid Suffolk’s planning boss, confirmed the petition had been received. The overall planning brief needs to be accepted by the council before detailed applications can be made.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 10 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
Mrs Leigh said there were other concerns including biodiversity and that it was a proposal for greenfield land.