Comedian collects U’s shirt for charity auction
COMEDIAN Gareth Hale has been presented with a signed Colchester United shirt which will be put up for sale in a charity auction.
The actor, who starred with Norman Pace in Hale & Pace, met with members of the U’s first team at the Weston Homes Stadium yesterday.
Mr Hale, who is touring the country as Onslow in a stage adaptation of Keeping Up Appearances, is collecting a football shirt at each town they perform in.
“At the end of the run all the football shirts that have been donated by the football clubs will be auctioned to raise money for the British Heart Foundation,” he said.
Keeping Up Appearances is showing at the Mercury Theatre in Colchester and will run until Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced from �9.50 to �20.50 and are available from the box office by phoning 01206 573948 or online at www.mercurytheatre.co.uk
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown