Community rallies after death of teenager and her father
A QUIET community is today reeling after the murder of a popular teenager and her father.
Villagers in picturesque Sible Hedingham in Essex are rallying to support each other after the death of Margaret Pierides, 16, and her father, Costas Pierides, 48, yesterday.
Prayers were said for the pair at the village church this morning as the village takes in the scale of the tragic event.
Amy Lawrence, 19, knew Margaret and said she had seen her just last week.
“She was a normal, bubbly girl,” she said. “People are really shocked.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone knows everyone here and we all come together when something like this happens.”
Shocked friends have been making their way to the large, detached house on Prayors Hill in the village, where Margaret and her father were found by emergency services yesterday.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
Flowers paying tribute to the popular teenager have been left at the scene, which has been sealed off by police for forensic examination.