Disruption ends after freight train halts journeys to London
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Services between Ipswich and Colchester train stations are now running as normal following hours of delays and alterations.
Greater Anglia has confirmed that all disruption caused by the broken down train has now ended.
Delays were announced early this morning after a train became defective late last night, which required a specialist team to attend.
Several services were cancelled, while other services faced long delays during the hours frequently travelled by commuters making their way to the capital from across Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk.
A good service is to be expected on the line.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere on the network, all lines are blocked between Norwich and Cromer after a vehicle struck a railway bridge.
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 9 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 10 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?