Disruption ends after freight train halts journeys to London
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Services between Ipswich and Colchester train stations are now running as normal following hours of delays and alterations.
Greater Anglia has confirmed that all disruption caused by the broken down train has now ended.
Delays were announced early this morning after a train became defective late last night, which required a specialist team to attend.
Several services were cancelled, while other services faced long delays during the hours frequently travelled by commuters making their way to the capital from across Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk.
A good service is to be expected on the line.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere on the network, all lines are blocked between Norwich and Cromer after a vehicle struck a railway bridge.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge