Disruption ends after freight train halts journeys to London
- Credit: Greater Anglia
Services between Ipswich and Colchester train stations are now running as normal following hours of delays and alterations.
Greater Anglia has confirmed that all disruption caused by the broken down train has now ended.
Delays were announced early this morning after a train became defective late last night, which required a specialist team to attend.
Several services were cancelled, while other services faced long delays during the hours frequently travelled by commuters making their way to the capital from across Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk.
A good service is to be expected on the line.
Elsewhere on the network, all lines are blocked between Norwich and Cromer after a vehicle struck a railway bridge.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 6 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 7 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools