Commuter Diary: Half-term break starts well but it doesn’t last
- Credit: Contributed
COMMUTER Anita Curtis was optimistic that the half-term break would provide some light relief for train travellers this week after a pleasant journey in yesterday.
She reported in at 9am to say: “Start of another week. All good today. Plenty of seats at Ipswich today as it is half term.”
And later in the day she emailed to say: “Another quiet night and on time which is good as I am going out tonight. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.”
However, it was a different story this morning.
She said: “This morning the train was a carriage short. I have to ask myself, why does the conductor not ring ahead to the relevant stopping stations so the passengers can be informed of this fact?
You may also want to watch:
“Regular travellers stand in the same spot every day to access the door so this morning, as you can imagine, complete chaos ensued. I have asked the train companies in the past if they could call ahead but it seems to be outside their remit.
“Accordingly, there were no seats available at Manningtree. However, the train did arrive on time.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
“Fingers crossed for tonight’s journey that the train is not full of supporters going to the football - nothing against football supporters, just concerned about getting a seat!”
To share your commuter experiences, add #CommuterDiary to your Tweets.