Two new coronavirus related deaths reported in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Hospital trusts in Suffolk and north Essex have reported two new coronavirus related deaths.
One of the deaths was reported by the East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation NHS Trust which runs Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals.
A spokesman said: “We can confirm that one patient in their 80s who had underlying health conditions, has sadly passed away at Ipswich Hospital. The patient had tested positive for COVID-19. “
A further patient in their 80s, who had underlying health conditions, has died at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
Dr Stephen Nunn, chief executive of West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust said: “Our thoughts and condolences remain with their family and loved ones at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday there were 2,412 new confirmed cases of the virus. There had been 545 additional deaths in the UK, bringing the total to 35,341. The total was larger than the previous day as the reporting system takes times to catch up with weekend fatalities.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's