Latest figures show coronavirus cases rise by five in East of England
- Credit: PA
The number of cases of coronavirus in the East of England have gone up from 24 to 29.
The Government’s most recent data, which is provided daily, has shown a further increase in the number of cases in our region.
The data covers the whole of the East of England; which includes Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk and a number of other counties.
Individualised figures for each county are expected later on.
On Monday one case of the disease was confirmed in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that the person had recently travelled to Italy.
No further information is known about the person or where they are being treated at this time.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Nationally, six people have died from the disease while the number of people with the disease has gone up to 373.