Coronavirus infection rates fall in most areas of Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
The latest coronavirus infection data released by the government shows a further fall in cases in parts of Suffolk – despite escalating numbers elsewhere.
In Suffolk, the number of coronavirus cases reported in the week to September 26 was 50, compared to 60 in the previous week.
This meant the infection rate for Suffolk dropped from 7.88 per 100,000 last week, to 6.57 this week.
MORE: Where will mobile coronavirus testing stations be visiting this week?Districts in Suffolk remained split in terms of the changes in infection numbers, with Babergh, Ipswich and West Suffolk all showing a reduction in case numbers.
However, in East Suffolk and Mid Suffolk, there were small increases in case numbers.
In north Essex, there were rising numbers in Braintree and Tendring but figures in Colchester dropped.
You may also want to watch:
Overall, the number of cases reported for the whole of Essex grew from 225 to 318 with cases up to 21.32 per 100,000 from 15.11.
Data from the past week is updated in line with the latest figures.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark