Man charged over allegedly coughing on shoppers
- Credit: Archant
A man who is reported to have coughed over fellow shoppers in a Suffolk supermarket while wearing a face mask has been charged.
Suffolk Constabulary were called at around 11.40am to the Co-op store in Church Street in Eye after receiving reports of a man acting disorderly.
Jonathan Steele, of Redlingfield Road in Eye, was arrested by police on suspicion of common assault and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The 34-year-old was charged with causing harassment, alarm or distress used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour.
Steele was also charged with resisting arrest by a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on April 10.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema