Could heavy rain and strong winds dampen summer mood this weekend? Met Office issues yellow warning
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for East Anglia going into the weekend.
The Met Office has said there could be a chance of heavy rain and strong winds between 12noon Friday and 9am the following day.
In the warning posted on its website the forecasters said: “An area of rain and strong to gale force winds is expected to cross much of southern England before clearing to the east on Saturday morning.”
The warning also advised the public to be aware of the potential for disruption because of the weather, “particularly for those engaged in outdoor activities”.
The cause is an area of low pressure running northeastwards close to southern England and while wet and windy weather is expected the Met Office is uncertain how intense they will be at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
It added: “More than 20mm is expected quite widely however there is a low likelihood that this will be deeper bringing the potential for more than 60mm of rain in some places as well as gusts of around 50mph on coasts and 40mph inland.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich