Three arrested in connection with fire on school grounds
- Credit: Archant
Police are now treating an earlier blaze at a Bury St Edmunds secondary school as arson.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to the County Upper School, in Beetons Way, at 3.24pm today, October 28.
Three engines attended the scene where a pile of insulation material had caught alight.
The materials were next to a container being used as a tea room.
The flames did not spread to the main school building and fire fighters were able to extinguish the flames soon after.
You may also want to watch:
Both parents and pupils have been reassured that it was unaffected.
Police have this evening arrested three females and they remain in custody.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them