Why should you go and see this cover band next month?
A Suffolk cover band will perform a charity gig to raise funds for their lead singer’s third major run of the year.
Bury St Edmunds’ own Riff Raff will perform at the Bury Cricket Club pavilion on Saturday, September 29 to raise funds for frontman Dan Gilkes, who will run his second marathon of the year in support of Prostate Cancer UK.
Mr Gilkes has already completed the Cambridge Half Marathon in March, the Paris Marathon in April and will tackle the BMW Berlin Marathon on September 16 having already raised over £1,600 for the charity.
Mr Gilkes said: “My father and uncle were both treated for Prostate Cancer and my father-in-law has recently undergone radio therapy.
“Unfortunately, many men aren’t so lucky, as there is currently no regular screening programme for the disease.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gig are £5, with all proceeds going directly to the charity, doors open at 7pm.
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 5 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash