Craig does UK proud in Volkswagen world championships
- Credit: supplied
Volkswagen sales executive Craig Daniels has proved himself among the best in the world at a global competition.
Craig, now assistant sales manager at Wolsey Volkswagen in Ipswich having worked at Barnards Volkswagen in Stowmarket, was selected to be part of the four-man UK team at the company’s retail qualification world championships (RQWC) in Germany.
And Craig and his team-mates did Britain proud by battling through three rounds of fierce competition before finally bowing out.
The team spent three days pitting their specialist skills and knowledge against 300 other competitors at the international event.
The lucky group got to test the Volkswagen Touareg, the new electric Golf, Segways and scooters, and were also given a tour of the renowned Autostadt museum and factory as well as attending the awards dinner.
You may also want to watch:
Craig said: “Competing in the RQWC was an amazing experience, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to compete and to meet some brilliant people. We had a wonderful time in Wolfsburg, off-roading and driving the e-Golf was a definite highlight.”
Gary Halestrap, brand manager at Barnards Volkswagen, said: “We are extremely proud of Craig, not only did he represent the UK but he also represented Barnards.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
“The RQWC are an excellent and practical demonstration of Volkswagen’s One Business ethos, showing how the different sections of the retailer businesses work together to give our customers an easy enjoyable experience.
“Craig continually goes above and beyond to give our customers the best service possible and this has definitely been highlighted throughout this competition.”
The competition brought together people from 80 different countries to show how each section of a Volkswagen retail business should work together to achieve success. It pooled the knowledge and skills of service advisors, master technicians, sales executives and parts advisors.
The other UK team members were Chris McLachlan from Heritage of Bristol, Clare Culkin from Lancaster Volkswagen and David Appleton of Volkswagen South Hereford.