Crash causes severe traffic delays on A14 near Copdock Interchange
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Severe traffic delays on the A14 have been caused by a four-vehicle crash.
The road is partially blocked on the eastbound carriageway in Wherstead, just past junction 55 for the Copdock Interchange.
The incident happened around 7.50am involving a lorry, a van and two cars.
A spokesman from Suffolk police confirmed that there had been no serious injuries.
Lane one of the eastbound carriageway is closed while the vehicles are recovered, with motorists advised to expect delays to their journey.
You may also want to watch:
A tyre blowout on a vehicle on the westbound carriageway of the A14 near Claydon is also causing delays in the area.
The travel delays have been exacerbated by temporary traffic lights in Main Road, Kesgrave, near the roundabout, as motorists attempt to come off the A14 and travel through the town centre.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
Travel delays are affecting motorists across the county, particularly along the A14 as far as west Suffolk and on routes to Ipswich.