Motorcyclist with L plate dies at scene of crash – road closed
- Credit: Archant
A man riding a motorbike with L plates has died this morning at the scene of a collision in Essex.
Police were called to a collision involving a black motorbike with a single rider in Burnham Road, Maldon, at 6.25am.
The road was closed for police to deal with the incident and will remain closed for the rest of rush hour.
It was confirmed at 8.42am that the man died at the scene.
Essex Police have appealed for anyone who saw a black motorbike in the Danbury area with a rear L plate or who have dashcam footage to call them on 101 quoting incident 1322 of 12 March or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists in the area are being advised to take the closure into account when planning their journey this morning.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health