Cressing: Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses car up for sale
IT’s green, garish and was once destined for the scrap yard.
But the Ford Capri which featured in legendary sitcom Only Fools and Horses is set for a new lease of life.
Once dubbed the “Pratmobile” by Rodney, the famous lime green car is up for sale.
It was first seen in the fifth episode of series seven - He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Uncle.
In the show Del Boy bought the vehicle for �400 from second-hand car dealer Boycie for his wife Raquel.
You may also want to watch:
Now the current owner, Ian Nixon, is putting the car up for auction.
Mr Nixon, from Cressing near Braintree, bought the car in 1998. His father spotted it during a visit to Elstree Film Studios in north London while looking for props to rent for a party.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 5 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
Mr Nixon, who works as a wedding chauffeur, said: “It still drives OK but it’s more of a collector’s item.
“The car was at Elstree studios. MGM Cars supply vehicles for TV and film and they finished filing with it and it was for sale.
“My dad was at the studios looking for props to rent when he saw it and negotiated a deal and bought it for me.
“I’m sad to see it go but I could do with the money!”
The car was built in 1980 and, true to Del Boy taste, features garish tiger print covered seats.
It will be auctioned by Coys at Auto Sport Car Show at the NEC in Birmingham on January 12.