Crews attempting to tackle chicken manure blaze
MORE than 200 tonnes of chicken manure has been engulfed in flames.
Firefighters are currently attempting to battle a blaze in Blue House Lane, Mendlesham, after the fire broke out shortly after 12pm today.
On arrival a pump requested further assistance and three crews are tackling the fire suing two hose reel jets.
It is believed that a third of 600 tonnes of chicken muck has been involved in the fire.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk fire and rescue said that by 2.11pm crews were making good progress.
You may also want to watch:
They remain at the scene.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week