Firefighters battle bungalow blaze in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have tackled a fire in the roof of a bungalow in Clacton.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called at around 7.05pm last night, Saturday, November 3, to the scene in Credon Drive.
According to a spokesman for the fire service, when crews arrived the roof space of the semi-detached bungalow was full of smoke.
He said: “Firefighters ensured the electricity in the property was isolated, and then cut away parts of the ceiling to locate the fire in the roof space.
“Fire crews also used ladders to get onto the roof to tackle the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters managed to locate and extinguish the fire within 10 minutes.
“The roof has been left partially damaged by the fire.”
- 1 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 2 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 3 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
- 9 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich
Two fire crews from Clacton attended the scene.
The spokesman added that the cause of the fire was recorded as accidental, due to an electrical fault.