Crews fight house fire and straw blaze
FIRE crews in Ipswich have had a busy evening tackling a series of blazes across the town.
At around 5.30pm two fires broke out at opposite sides of Ipswich, one in Quilter Drive, near Belstead House, and the other in Bramford Road.
Two crews from Princes Street fire station were called to a blaze at a house in Bramford Road.
When they arrived they discovered the fire had started on an oven hob. Firefighters spent around nine minutes bringing the flames under control.
Meanwhile in Quilter Drive, firefighters from headquarters in Colchester Road, were tackling a fire which had taken hold of four straw bails.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished by 6.06pm.
At around 6pm one crew from Hadleigh fire station were also called to tackle a chimney fire in The Street, Watfield, near Hadleigh.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!