Crews tackle kitchen blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a kitchen fire in Felixstowe this afternoon.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a kitchen fire in Felixstowe this afternoon.

Two crews from Felixstowe attended the scene of the blaze at Peewit Court on Grange Road at about 1.20pm.

A small fire in the corner of a boiler cupboard was discovered and it is believed the fire was started after vapours from an aerosol were ignited by the boilers pilot light.

Buckets of water and a thermal imaging camera were used to help extinguish the flames and crews had to cut away burnt timber.


You may also want to watch:


The fire was brought under control by 1.35pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus