Crews tackle undergrowth blazes
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled two more grass fires today.A crew from Long Melford attended the scene in Glemsford at 4.40pm todaywhere they found 30 metres of grass on fire and some stubble.
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled two more grass fires today.
A crew from Long Melford attended the scene in Glemsford at 4.40pm todaywhere they found 30 metres of grass on fire and some stubble.
They used two hose reels to extinguish the flames. The fire was out by 5pm.
There was also a blaze in some undergrowth in Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called at about 5pm to tackle the small grass fire, which was near St James Middle School in The Vinefields. The incident was over by 5.30pm.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester