Former boarding school teacher faces historic abuse charges
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A former boarding school teacher has been charged with the indecent assault of a boy in the 1980s.
Alan Colling appeared at Ipswich Crown Court to face four charges on Wednesday.
The 67-year-old denied three counts of indecent assault on a boy under the age of 14 years and one count of indecency against a boy under the age of 14 in Brettenham, near Stowmarket.
The former Buckenham School teacher, now of Scarborough, North Yorkshire, will face trial next year.
Judge Rupert Overbury fixed a date of February 21, 2022, for the opening of a trial of up to six days.
A further case management hearing was also listed to take place on September 8.
Colling was released on unconditional bail.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day