Man denies controlling behaviour towards a woman
A Suffolk man accused of using controlling behaviour towards a woman faces a trial later this year.
Barry Carver, 54, of Moorlands, Hollesley, pleaded not guilty to the charge at a plea and directions hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday (January 4).
In addition to denying using controlling behaviour, Carver also denied using coercive behaviour towards the same woman causing her serious alarm or distress.
The alleged offences date back to 2018.
His trial will take place during a two-week warned list, commencing December 6.
A further case management hearing will take place on September 17.
Carver is on conditional bail.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27