BMW convertible stolen while on test drive
A convertible BMW has been stolen from a garage near the Suffolk-Essex border, after a motorist failed to return it after a test drive.
The vehicle was taken from Angus Buchanan Workshops on the A134 in Leavenheath at around 5.30pm on Friday, Suffolk police said.
The silver convertible BMW 118, registration BX10 UTG, was driven towards Nayland and the border with Essex, but the motorist did not return to the garage.
Fraser Buchanan, a partner at the garage, said the theft was very frustrating.
"They turned up and asked to test drive the BMW as that was the car they were interested in looking at," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Although it was not as valuable as a new car it still is money lost for the company."
Mr Buchanan described the thief who stole the vehicle as stocky.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 9 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
Anyone with information related to the vehicle's whereabouts, or anyone who saw a silver BMW on the A134 last Friday, is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/48789/21.