Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- Credit: Suffolk police
A burglar who stole whitening kits from a Stowmarket dental surgery during a break-in has been jailed.
Samuel Rossiter, 32, of no fixed address in Stowmarket, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and pleaded guilty to four counts of burglary, resisting arrest and criminal damage.
On Monday, November 29, Rossiter was responsible for a burglary at Tavern Street Dental Practice in Stowmarket where a window was smashed.
Whitening kits were stolen from inside the practice.
Also on Monday, Rossiter admitted stealing a mobile phone, an Erbauer drill and charger, one pair of wire snips, one junior hacksaw, one 500ml bottle of Fanta, one 500ml bottle of Dr Pepper, and a white cycling helmet from a storage shed in Stowmarket.
He was arrested in Milton Road car park in possession of stolen items, police said.
He also pleaded guilty to obstructing a police officer on Monday and causing £1,000 worth of damage to a custody cell belonging to Suffolk police.
Magistrates jailed Rossiter for 12 weeks for the offences.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 5 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR