Victims praised for courage in helping to catch Colchester paedophile
Police have paid tribute to the victims of a Colchester paedophile who has been warned he will spend a "significant amount of time" in prison.
Matthew Clarke, of Delamere Road, was arrested after officers from Essex Police's Child Sexual Exploitation Proactive Investigation Team carried out a warrant in the town in November last year.
Clarke, 22, was subsequently charged with 30 child sex offences against 13 girls.
He pleaded guilty to all of the charges at Ipswich Crown Court last week and is due to be sentenced on September 8.
Detective Sergeant Ben Rushmere, of Essex Police, said: "Matthew Clarke exploited and preyed upon young girls for his own sexual gratification.
"Due to the excellent work of my team he was left with no option but to plead guilty to 30 offences.
You may also want to watch:
"He now faces a significant amount of time behind bars.
"I want to pay tribute to the courage of the girls involved and I hope this result will help them move forward."
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window