Pair arrested after death of 2-year-old rebailed for third time
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman who were arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter after a two-year-old died near Colchester have been rebailed for a third time.
Officers from Essex Police were called to the Tollgate Road area of the town after reports a child was unresponsive on Sunday, November 7.
Officers were called to the property by the East of England Ambulance Service at about 8.15am.
Speaking at the time, a spokesman for Essex Police said: "We arrived and found a child unresponsive.
"Sadly, the two-year old died."
A 40-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter.
The pair were originally bailed until November 25, before being bailed again until February 5.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
However, the spokesman for Essex Police confirmed today that the pair had been rebailed until April 4.
Enquiries are still ongoing.