Two arrested on suspicion of child neglect after child, 2, dies
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter after a two-year-old died near Colchester.
Essex Police officers were called to the Tollgate Road area of the town after reports a child was unresponsive on Sunday, November 7.
Officers had been called to a property by the East of England Ambulance Service at about 8.15am.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We arrived and found a child unresponsive.
"Sadly, the two-year old died."
Police confirmed a 40-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter.
They have been bailed until Thursday, November 25.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 6 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
An investigation continues into the death of the two-year-old.
The spokesman said: "We are working to establish the facts and a forensic post-mortem examination will be carried out.
"There is no further risk to the wider community."