Car abandoned in road following serious collision
- Credit: Google Maps
A car was left abandoned following a serious collision on a Colchester roundabout.
Essex Police were called to the crash on Colne Bank roundabout in the town at 4.20pm on Saturday, February 27.
A blue Ford Focus and a blue Ford Fiesta collided, causing damage to both vehicles.
The Focus driver initially stopped but drove off before police arrived, heading on to Cowdray Avenue where its occupants abandoned the car in the road just before the roadworks.
The Focus was later seized by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police's Roads Policing Unit is investigating and would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the collision, or the Focus being left in Cowdray Avenue.
Witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage is asked to contact us on 101 quoting incident 1007 of February 27.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
Reports can also be submitted on Essex Police's website at or by using the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am-11pm.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.