Dog lunges at 18-month-old girl on walk in Sudbury
- Credit: Google Maps
A dog has lunged at an 18 month-old girl who was out on a family walk in Sudbury.
The incident happened at 12.45pm on Tuesday on the footbridge between Stanley Wood Road and Talbot Road, Suffolk police said.
The child's family stopped to allow another dog and its owner to pass.
The dog, described as a large white boxer, lunged at the girl, grabbing her with its paws.
She was not injured but was left distressed by the incident.
Police would like to trace the dog’s owner, who pulled his dog away, apologised and walked away.
He is described as middle aged with short brown hair.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 7 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
Anyone who could help this inquiry is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/21793/22.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.