Drivers asked to avoid holiday park after caravan blaze
A fire has broken out in a caravan at a holiday park in Clacton.
Essex Police and Fire and Rescue are currently at Highfield Grange Holiday Park, in London Road, where the fire has been put out.
At around 9.40am today, three crews from Clacton and Weeley reported that a 3m x 7m static caravan was ablaze
Essex Fire and Rescue put out the fire at around 10.30am and an investigation into the cause will be carried out.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area to allow emergency services to access the park.
A spokesman for Highfield Grange's owner, Parkdean Resorts, said: “There has been an incident at the park and our team are assisting the emergency services.
"It would be inappropriate to comment further.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!