Four men arrested after Clacton rave
- Credit: Pixabay
Four people have been arrested after a rave in Clacton, Essex Police have reported.
Three of the men from London – aged 22, 25, and 27 – were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to cause a public nuisance.
Equipment was also seized as officers tackled the unlicensed music event in Clacton.
The police knew the event would take place along the coast on Sunday, August 1, and put a dispersal order in place to tackle it.
A 22-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence and driving without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
They have all since been released under investigation.
Essex detective sergeant Vanessa Moss said: “Unlicensed music events can pose a risk to the welfare of those who attend because few, if any, safety measures are put in place.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
“We also know that criminals attend these types of events and prey upon people attending.
“And they also cause disruption to people living nearby.
“We acted swiftly, based on intelligence, to tackle the issue and officers made arrests and seized equipment."