Man arrested in connection with trio of arson incidents in village
- Credit: Matthew Earth
A man in his 40s has been arrested in connection with a spate of three arson incidents in Hoxne.
The first incident happened between 12.45am and 1.30am on Saturday, April 17, where garden hedges and fencing were set alight near the Swann Inn pub in Low Street.
A second incident of arson was reported in the same location the following day and took place at around the same time.
The most recent incident happened at 1am on Friday, April 23 when police were called to a fire at a disused farm building in land off Green Street.
Fire crews attended all three incidents and extinguished the blazes. Nobody was injured in any of the incidents.
Police arrested a man in his 40s on Friday on suspicion of criminal damage and arson not endangering life.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre to be questioned and was subsequently bailed to return to police on Friday, May 14.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
Anyone with information related to the investigation is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting reference 20367/21.