Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' on car bonnet
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are investigating after a man performed a "lewd act" on a car bonnet in front of a woman in Wickham Market.
The incident occurred shortly before 6.30pm on Monday, October 4 in a layby near Church Terrace.
The victim, a woman in her 50s was cycling along Mill Lane when she noticed a reversing vehicle.
A police spokesman said: "She waited for a moment and, as the vehicle passed her, she then turned around and noticed that the vehicle was parked in a layby, with the male driver on the bonnet carrying out a lewd act.
"The woman briefly engaged in a conversation with the male before cycling away."
The man is described as white, of slim build and aged in his early thirties.
He has brown hair and a beard and was wearing a black hoodie with white swirly markings on it.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
He was driving a black, possibly new, car.
Officers would be keen to speak to anyone who was driving in the area who may have captured any dashcam footage before, or shortly after, the incident.
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime number: 37/55400/21