A12 lorry driver threatened and robbed at knifepoint
- Credit: Google Maps
A lorry driver was threatened and robbed at knifepoint on the A12 during the dead of night.
At around 2.30am on Good Friday a lorry was broken into whilst parked in a layby on the A12 at Colchester, London bound, near to Potts Green Shell petrol station.
The lorry driver was threatened by a man armed with a knife while robbers slashed the lorry's curtain and stole three pallets of metal from the back.
The driver was not injured.
The only description that the driver was able to give police was that the man with the knife had been black.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are now investigating the incident and are appealing for anyone who may have dash cam footage of the robbery to contact them.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or was in the area at the time, is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 quoting crime reference 42/57959/21.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket