Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A man has appeared in court charged with a string of sex offences - including four counts of rape of a child.
Christopher Church, 26, of Prince Street, Wisbech, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich on Thursday to face 11 charges.
Church, previously of Mill Rise, Saxmundham, has been charged with two offences of rape of a boy under 13, two counts of rape of a girl under 13, four offences of inciting a boy to engage in sexual activity, and three counts of sexual assault.
The offences are alleged to have taken place in Suffolk between 2008 and 2017.
Many of the charges are indictable only, which means they cannot be heard by magistrates, and the case was sent to the crown court.
Church did not enter any pleas and will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on July 15.
He was granted unconditional bail by magistrates.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store