Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- Credit: WAYNE PHILLIPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after being stopped on the A140 near Mendlesham.
Suffolk police pulled over a lorry on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at around 1am on Saturday.
The stop happened just past Mendlesham, a police spokesman said.
He confirmed that a man had been detained on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
The arrested man was taken to police custody for questioning, and he remained there as of Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses to the incident and anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference number 17 of Sunday, May 2.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks