Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- Credit: Paul Geater
Police are investigating the death of a man who had been found unconscious outside a block of flats in Ipswich.
They were called to Griffin Court in Brickfield Close - between Wherstead Road and Hawes Street - shortly after 2pm on Saturday where they found the man in his 20s.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance, but died on Saturday evening. His next of kin have been informed. Police described the death as "unexplained" and inquiries are continuing.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said on Saturday night that officers believe this is an isolated incident, with no wider threat to the community.
She said: "A cordon remains in place while an investigation is carried out." On Sunday morning there was still a police presence at the flats.
She asked for anyone who witnessed anything in the area or has any knowledge should contact Suffolk police, quoting reference: 37/17817/21
Any witnesses could also use the police contact website to give any information or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form: www.crimestoppers-uk.org or they could call the police 101 number.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex